Saturday Morning

Saturday, April 27, 2013





I just love going to church rummage sales.  Most of the ones in my area are held in either October or April. We went to two this morning.  I'm thrilled with my finds!


I don't usually buy paintings but I really liked this watercolour of a donkey and village alleyway.  For only $10, it was quite the bargain. There was a signature on the bottom left (after a bit of googling I found out it was done by an artist named Peter Apostolos). He's based in Louisiana, but is inspired by the Greek island of Mykonos.  



My second bargain was a vintage Francie doll (Barbie's cousin) for only $1.  I have a small collection of vintage Barbie dolls but I've never had a Francie.  She's in good shape too.  I just need to find the poor girl some clothes!



All in all, a great morning of church rummage sales.  I can't wait for the next one :)


 JessMadeThis





p.s. I had some fun editing my photos.  If you'd like to see the Mykonos donkey painting in its entirety, please let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. I love posts about your finds! Also I had no idea that Barbie had a cousin.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger