Prepping for my Craft Show!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I am very excited (& super nervous) that the craft show I entered is only 1 month away.  Today I spent time painting parts of my display, including these cute signs.  I'm going to use them to label the different banner and tag sections on my table (i.e. "Birthday," "Baby," etc.)  I think the little border around the signs helps to tie everything together (I used the same colour paint for other parts of my display) while still leaving plenty of room for writing.

I got all my supplies from Michael's, except for the liquid chalk marker.  My friend gave it to me - and it's so much better for writing on these signs than regular chalk.

Step 1: Paint the edges of the sign with regular paint.  Do 2 coats and let dry.

Step 2: Use the painter's tape to create a nice, neat border around the edge.

Step 3: Paint with the chalkboard paint.  Let dry between coats.  You're supposed to do 2 coats, but I did 3 for extra durability.  I want to be able to use these signs again and again.

Step 4: Let dry, then peel off the tape.  All done!  Look how pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger